1.31.2007
The Point
After much thought and various ideas being sorted through, I decided to talk about something that I care about. I decided to do a podcast on the importance of knowing the background of passages in the Bible (particularly the NT). As in the importance of knowing the culture in which a passage was originally addressed to. This includes understanding Jewish culture as well as what the text says originally (language and such). So often when we read the New Testament we can totally miss a larger picture or point that was trying to be made by not knowing what was happening when these things were taught. I'll be focusing mainly on Jesus's stories for starters. This first podcast will mainly be an introducing to that idea, focusing on probably one story or two depending. Hope to share some of the passion I have for knowing the background of the Bible as well as maybe even teach someone something along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment