2.22.2007

concerns and ideas

Last week I posted on many of my thoughts about the general layout of the vodcast, but I have thought more about the specifics of it. I have decided to do the story of the bleeding women who touches Jesus' cloak and is healed since that is a story I already have some knowledge of. Some ideas I had with the filming was during the part of filming the reserch of the topic to do like a fast-forward filming of me like collecting the research books or skimming through concordances. then when I talk about things it would be normal speed again. not sure that expresses whats in my mind or how I would do that.. but it was something I thought of. Also I thought of questions to ask in the interviewing of people before they here the background and after. Like questions of what it means to be unclean, what they know about the story now, what significance it holds, etc. then after what difference does knowing the culture make, does it change your perspective, etc. I have more questions written down, but that shows somewhat of where I would be going with that.

As far as the concerns I have. One concern would of course be that the whole project would have no point and my idea that culture is important would be proved wrong. In a way though even if this project "showed that" I probably would still think it was since it is to me. Then there are other questions of whether the quality of the project will be good in the end or just lame and if it will really show the work I put into it or just look cheesyly done. I'm concerned with how good of quality the filming will be since its hard with doing all interview types of things to really re film parts from different angels and get variety since people wouldn't always answer the same and its not scripted.

I also have researched how to make a Vodcast and it looks like I can just use a program like iMovie to make the video then export it in MPEG-4, which is doable since I have used iMovie once before and have probably some friends that could help if I ran into problems. A suggestion I found was to use tie mikes from a place like Radio Shack or something so that the audio would be higher quality then just using the mike on the camcorder. Once its complete I can upload it to a site like YouTube which also didn't seem that difficult. So I feel like its definitely doable and I have info now on how to go about it.

I wasn't sure what to make images of.. like I could take pictures of notes I've made so far, or encyclopedias, or people I might interview.. but I wasn't sure exactly what to do for that. so sorry I don't have any up.

No comments: