7.09.2008

Some of my life..

I felt earlier as if I really wanted to post today, which is random I know, since I haven't written on here in ohh.. two months, but just the same - I wanted to. 
humm.. there is a lot I could say, since I last posted I finished up college (at least for now), I moved home, cleaned out my old room/went through stuff, started a summer job, oh did plenty of wedding plans (although there is still so much left), went to Romania for 10 days on a medical mission trip, and other summer activities like seeing old friends, going to Mere's cottage, work weekend at TWL, bowling, BBQ's, read books I want to (not have to), and chilling around aka the things I am basically to busy to do while in school.   Its been good.  Its been a deep breath after a long year and a busy year. 
I miss people from school though (three in-particular the most) and I miss YL as well. I was looking at pictures of camp last night and the "my girls" caption pulled at something in my heart as I looked at girls I had signed up for camp. I of course did not go because I am done and its better to have leaders that are still around go. But it was harder than I expected I suppose. The ministry was so tuff who knew I would miss it so :) 
One of my close friends recently moved to Ohio. Upon learning she was that much further away, I was very sad. I realized I was growing up in the way that we are all done with school and have to move somewhere. No longer will we return to a common place. Who will I stay in contact with? 

Job hunting is interesting. There are so many jobs and yet they are so hard to find, not sure how thats possible but it is. Where to live?  what job ?   house vs apartments?    What now basically is the question I ask and everyone asks of me. Its swell  :)

Currently doing marriage counseling.. its good times.  Johnny and I have a book we are going through as part of it. Its a good book, asks a lot of good questions and really takes a bit of thought be put into it. good times. 
Also planning seems to never stop, there are so many small things to do. Feel like I need help, but I'm not sure with what and all. Kinda interesting really.  I look forward to being married for so many reasons. Currently though,  I miss Johnny terribly. We have lived about 10 hours apart for the last 15 months and its getting old (its been old honestly) and I can't wait for him to get to MI (2  1/2 weeks).  Just want to be around him. He is my close friend who I just need. I want to talk face to face again, I want to be able to tell him all the little things that come to mind and not just when we're on the phone. I want to not be on my phone. I want to lean against him and tell him about my day.  Just miss him, love him, and well want to marry him. He is a wonderful man who I respect and love deeply. Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. 

So mentioned I went to Romania. It was a good trip this year. My friend Meredith went with my dad and me.  We had a good time and had a good team. There was about 23 of us I think. Most of the crew was from Charlotte, NC area. We helped a lot of people and saw some great things happen as always. Worked in the villages as well as in the cities, which being in the cities was different for me. My dad and I are normally always just out in Gypsy villages so working with Romanians was a different feeling, but still good of course. Just different dynamic. We brought a lot of supplies over with us though, so that was good and nice to leave with the people there. It was just a good trip and I was glad to be there. 

Feel as if I haven't even "really" talked about any of why I wanted to post earlier today, but maybe sometime I will come back to that. I have been reading and thinking about a lot, but I'm not sure what I even want to say. 
This is some of my life. some of my thoughts..

No comments: