7.20.2008

Encouragements

Just thought I would share some of the ways I have been encouraged and challenged lately. 
Currently my best friend is in Malaysia doing a teaching program, so I don't really hear from her that often. Well a couple days ago I got a card in the mail from her. She had left some cards at her house for her parents to send out and she of course wrote me one. I was pretty excited when I got it. Made me smile a lot and arrived on a day when I just needed a hug from my best friend. She asked me to continue to pray for her to have boldness and confidence in God and her faith while she was there. Also mentioned ways she would be praying for me as I prepared for marriage this summer. Anyone else might have read the card and just been like 'well thats a nice card' but somehow it incredibly encouraged me and even reminded me yet again of how important it is to keep focused on God during times of change and just in life. She is just a person that challenges me to love God more and I like that. We encourage each other a lot in life and I just thank and praise God for that. God has just really blessed me with many amazen friends who love me a lot. 

For example, last Sat another one of my friends called me up on the cell because she said God had just really layed me on her heart and she felt as if she needed to call. This is a friend who is.. well a stud person, but also one of those people who you don't have to talk that often at all, but when you do, its like you were the closest of friends and had just talked a couple days ago. I love her lots and the call just made me smile a lot and brightened my day. I had been haven a ruff couple days and it was just good. The reason the call was encouraging wasn't even that we talked about what was going on, because we didn't even talk about that, but what encouraged me was that God was looking out for me. God just placed me on her heart, because he knew a call from her would encourage me and make my day better. Basically he loves me.. entirely and always. 

There was also a conversation that I had w/ Johnny a couple days ago that kinda was were one topic leads to another and we ended up actually having a pretty serious conversation about a lot of different things in our relationship in the past and present, just a really great conversation I guess. But what I thought was soo cool about it was that what I wanted to talk to him about he had also felt we needed to talk about and knew God was wanting him to talk to me and Johnny ended up talking to me about some stuff I didn't even fully realize I needed to hear or talk about. So basically God is incredible and He placed/is placing the same things in both of our hearts and then we get to talk about them. Just love that God uses Johnny in my life and me in Johnny's in order to encourage us, challenge us and ultimately bring us closer to God. Its pretty sweet in my opinion  :)

so those are just a few ways I have been encouraged by a few people who I love a whole bunch and ultimately by God who I love and who loves me even more than I know or could even comprehend. 

1 comment:

Meredith said...

col, i love when God places certain things in your life that remind you of Him. you are a true reflection of the joy of the Lord, his precious child. i am blessed to have you in my life. thank you for your prayers and i will continue to pray for you while i'm gone. i love you so so much best friend :)