I guess that God is interesting and works things out. I mean we all know this right? But I feel like He does in ways that we might not ever know. Than other times He shows us exactly what He is doing and we start to figure out how something that happened long ago has taken us to where we are today. It kinda all rocks my socks of honestly.
So two months ago now I was having various convos w/ people in my life that kinda lead to me starting to think about doing YL again in the Jackson area. Of course a few days later, our friends (who live in SA) informed us that their neighbors were going to be moving. This meant that an Apt. was opening up right down the street from SAU which would work well for me hooking up with leaders again. It was June 1st which meant we needed to inform our current landlords basically that day if we were gonna move. so we did. we ran with it. It was a long process of quickly moving, living w/ my parents, thinking we lost the apt, finding out we didn't.. and so much more. But we are living in SA now in that Apt. We'll see what comes of this :)
Amongst this story, Johnny and I went to Romania on a medical mission w/ my dad. The team from NC we were going with was rather short handed and we still needed to find a doc. Normally there are 20-30 that go there was about 12 of us. When we got there the team ended up being half American and half Romanian. Which was AWESOME and honestly the best trip I've been on over there (been 8 times doing medical missions). We had more multiple Romania docs volunteer with us each day. It was just an incredible week we saw over 300 people everyday pretty much. Which is more than we have in years past. Moral of that being the NC crew was all super worried that the team was so small and even considered not going this time, But God came through as always and we helped more villagers than we normally do. Kinda goes to show that taking a step of faith in life can take you to some pretty amazen places. Its like the dichotomy between knowing God will work everything out and actually being willing to take that next step into the haze and trust that your foot will land on solid ground. Trying so hard to trust that.
Also, random story from a over 3 yrs back, that I came to new realization about last night. Three years ago I was signing up for my CC trip and let a friend of mine cut me by a spot so she could get to class and when I walked up to register the lady informed me that "oh I'm sorry the girl in front of you just took the last spot, but we'll put you on a waiting list" .. which eventually led to me going to Cambodia on my CC trip, which was an awesome trip that I will never forget and one that has impacted me a lot. Been a lot of places, but Cambodia was totally different. When I just think of what happened in that country it makes me nauseous.
Well last night was talking to one of my friends and she was talking about her CC trip to Uganda and I was like "wish I could have been able to go on that trip it sounds amazing." and she asked if I'd tried to sign up and I realized that she no idea of this story. so I told her and she was like wow my life could be so different if I hadn't gone. Her and her husband are planning on eventually moving to Uganda to work at a non-profit. Like what a simple decision to let someone cut in line, might have just changed one of my friends lives forever. Crazy, huh? God really does work in crazy ways. God knew you see. He knew she needed to go to Uganda. So I vote that God uses us in ways we might never know and works in ways we might not always understand, but He is always using us and always working.
Basically, God is interesting, don't you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment