3.03.2010

Blessed

Feel like sometime I lack the words to say. There are so many times I want to randomly write things down here, but then I can't decide what exactly to say. basically not the best blogger :) I re-read recent posts a couple weeks ago and it was good to remember I guess. I was gonna write that day and just got caught up in reading, than I didn't have time to post anymore. Of course I have no idea now what I was going to say than.. but so is life.
hum. blessings I think.
Johnny has a job. Its not a rest of your life career job, but its a good one and a blessing to have both of us working. Right before he got the job we found an envelope of money in our mailbox. Just hand written: Johnny and Colleen Marino. no address or return obviously. no note inside. it was just a random envelope of a decent enough amount of money. And it was to us. Still have no idea who it was from, someone near SA I guess.. mean had to be. but that was a blessing.
Placed 6 new leaders for YL this spring. Kinda crazy actually. Had a really good leadership with all the leaders there last night. It was good and exciting to all talk about JC together. doing a study on Philippi and the believers there. very interesting. other good things like clubs being established and stuff like that. parent support. good stuff.
Went to Buffalo to see my sis and her fiance Bry this weekend. Such a great trip! It was great to talk to them about life and love and other mysteries. Went to see a band play in some hole in the wall bar, chilled together, visited Niagra Falls, had wings in buffalo (hence buffalo wings, yup comes from NY). J and I stayed at a hotel, which was actually super great. we got a deal on hotwire, so it worked well. Plus Em wasn't sure if there was room in the house she is living at for us to stay there too, because so other peeps where also gonna be coming. The weekend was just a really great break/road trip. Just love great conversations and this weekend had them, so it was nice. definitely a blessing.
Been feeling lately like a life support machine. like things might not exist here if I hadn't come. so been a bit stressed, well that to say I realized last night - well I guess I got a new perspective. we were talking about humility, unity, servanthood. M Fry made a comment about how sometimes he lacks humility just by thinking he was cool, like he views himself as better than the HS kids he talks to cause he is a big shot college kid, than he talks to them and is like "you're awesome and way cooler than me" It got me thinking in a weird way, I suppose, about how me thinking it all relies on me is almost me lacking humility - As if me coming saved things. Really God saves it and I'm just a tool (in a good way) Someone God is using. I guess I say that cause that thought is a blessing really. I would rather be a tool than a savior anyday. I'll leave the saving to JC.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

liked your last thoughts on humility, unity and servanthood. i think about that sometimes in the classroom or at youth group. i'm not here because God needs me here, i'm here because He can use me here. am i willing to be used by the Savior? (pause for honest reflection on that question...)