Was at school a couple months ago and I was walken around as I normally do talken to kids and after lunch I normally walk up the stairs with the kids towards classes but this day I stayed in the cafe to get a new leader her ID pass for leading. so after we got the pass we were leaving and I ran into this guy who use to do YL last year. He has autisim which in that way doesn't always say a lot, but I asked how he was and he said he missed seeing us all. and told him yeah, haven't seen you around.. and he was like yeah things are bad.. asked what was going on.. he mentioned some pretty serious family issues. Then I suddenly felt this huge weight to tell him I would be praying for him and his family. I told him and he looked right at me (which he never makes eye contact) and said 'that would be good.. that would be good.. it mean a lot to me.. ' He looked so upset and yet so thankful for that simple statement. As I walked away, I wanted to just cry for this kid and for the pain in his life.
Later as I thought about this I thanked God that kids still break my heart. That God brought that to my mind to say to him and I prayed for him and that God would protect him and his family.. I just prayed for quite awhile for him.. for other kids.. and was just so thankful that God has given me the opportunity to work in this school.
There was another conversation that I had earlier this semester with a girl who I have known for quite awhile that was also pretty sweet. For privacy reasons, I'll leave out the details, but basically it was some pretty intense info about her life and some stuff that happened to her and I don't even really know why she told me. It was kinda random and she was wanting advice on how to tell her mom about it. So we talked through that. Also talked through issues of just blame or guilt... and basically it was a good conversation. One that I'm glad God put me there for her to have someone to talk to about those types of matters.
Another high point, was when a girl who use to do wyld life and was at TWL (camp) w/ her leader when I was on summer staff, came over to me and jumped on me and was like 'ohh my gosh I can't believe its you. like when are we doing the next young life thing' Its moments like that make me smile.
On a leader note, there is a new girl on our team that I take to the school with me and she is starting to really rock my face off. She had a conversation with some kids today and was telling me about it and it just excited me. I like to see the passion in someone else, when they start to see relationships forming with kids and how good that is. Plus she is just a super cool person.
Basically as hard as ministry is. It is also good and I think thats why I needed to write this and remember these things.
No comments:
Post a Comment