For today though, I will comment on an experience of last night. This past weekend my fiancé was visiting (he lives in MD) and he flies to see me, since it is actually less expensive then driving due to gas prices. So last night I drove him back to the airport. On the way, we talked about the future a bit.. just plans, desires, and thoughts about several different things. It wasn't the first time we've talked about any of this obviously it was more of just another conversation about it all. But as we arrived at DTW (airport) and he was getting ready to go. He stopped and said "lets pray about all of this well we are still here together" I said yeah and we prayed (well he did). By the time he was done praying I was crying.. like really crying, tears streaming down face can't really talk crying. He held me and hugged me before leaving and told me he would call me when he was through security. As he walked away, I stood there looking at him with my tears on his shirt and was reminded yet again of how much God loves me. Which to some might seem like weird connection, but really - God has given me a man who not only loves me (more than I thought another person could) and desires to take care of me and be supported by me and spend his life with me, but someone who Loves God as well. Who says things like lets pray right now then, when hard topics come to the surface. As I drove away, I thanked God for the blessing in my life that Johnny is. There are just those times, when I am reminded of things, and can't help but thank God for them. And there are those times that I listen to someone pray and it brings a tear to my face.. just last night it brought a lot of them. I could explain more of why I cried, but thats only part of the point really. Yes, it threw me off that listening to him pray would make me cry like that, but I realize I cried because listening to him and praying with him brought peace from God and assurance that all will work out, I was overwhelmed with it all - so I cried.
I say all of this to say, just to state/serve as a reminder of how wonderful to us God truly is. That in the "small" things of praying with someone you love, God is there and working. He loves us so perfectly, takes care of us, and is always there. I like to share those moments (and remember them) when I see God in my life.
1 comment:
Found you through Meredith's blog - I know I don't know you well, but this post brought tears to my eyes.
He IS SO good.
Post a Comment